This year for the very first time have decided to go with a Kenyan inspired Christmas table setting instead of the traditional one. It felt so good setting it and I just can not wait to seat and dine with my family on it.
To top everything up, I also came up with a recipe for the best cupcakes have ever had! They are full of my favourite spices that burst in your mouth from the very first to the last bite. They also have black tea in them, which gives them that extra authentic taste of home.
I honesty could not resist tasting one before taking the photos.
Recipes for Spiced Chai Cupcakes
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon loose black tea (1 tea bag would also do)
A pinch of salt
½ teaspoon cinnamon powder
½ teaspoon cardamom powder
½ teaspoon ginger powder
¼ teaspoon cloves powder
A pinch of black pepper
A pinch of anise powder
1. Start by heating the milk in a saucepan together with all the spices. Let it boil for a minute then take it off the heat. Add the loose black tea and let it infuse for 5 minutes. Pass the milk through a sieve and set it aside to cool down.
2. Preheat the oven at 170 degrees C and line a 12 hole muffin tin with large cupcake liners.
3. In a mixing bowl mix together butter and sugar. Add the eggs one after the other and mix thoroughly. Add the spicy milk and mix everything together again.
4. In another bowl combine together the dry ingredients; flour, salt and baking powder and mix well to ensure there is an even distribution of ingredients. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients mixing slowly until all the ingredients are well combined. Scrape down the side of the bowl after each addition.
5. Fill the cupcake liners 2/3 full and bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Enjoy with a cup of tea.